Thursday, March 1, 2018

Dinner Time



Around 3:30/4:00 I begin the dinner process each night. 

I am thankful to be able to do this.

I know it is a blessing to have dinner on the kitchen table. We pray for the children in the schools that aren't having a meal around the table. It is such a great time for conversation and sharing.


I hear of many families who sit around the living room, while watching TV. This upsets and saddens me, as I know the Lord would have us sitting together while sharing a meal and conversation.

Tonight, I am taking a meal to a dear family friend of ours. They are in deep sadness over a situation.

It is always my hope that I remember how important it is to share a home cooked meal with others when times are difficult. I know after having babies, it's always nice to have a meal brought to the home. There is just something about dinner that is special. 

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
A great meal to take to a family is baked spaghetti with salad and garlic bread. That is our meal to share tonight. It is easy to pack up and easy clean up for the family you are sharing with.

I know there are many ideas on Pinterest as well. 

Have a blessed Thursday!

~Stacy

2 comments:

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Stacy, you are a good friend. You have a loving and kind heart that reaches out to others. What a great wife and mom you are. I am so thankful that we are friends. Love u girl!
Teresa-

Sandra said...

Linda imagem. Uma família reunida na hora da refeição. Feliz semana. Cumprimentos.